Situated on the west side of the picturesque Lake Catani, Grossman Mill Picnic Area is located on the old site of the Grossman’s Saw Mill, which was milling timber for the construction of the historic Mount Buffalo Chalet. Work up an appetite before tucking into your picnic with an abundence of water activities including swimming, canoeing and fishing. And for the explorer at heart, there are also many long and short walks nearby.
Facilities: Parking, picnic table and fireplace
Mount Buffalo is a National Park and respectful visitor conduct is expected at all times. Please follow the below rules when picnicking at Mount Buffalo:
- Please ensure to take your rubbish with you, or dispose of when bins are provided.
- Dispose of soap and detergent at least 50m from waterways.
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it. Do not feed the wildlife.
- Where possible, use a portable gas or fuel stove. Light fires only in the fireplaces provided.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.