The area has a large sealed carpark that has angled parking for over 40 vehicles and some parallel spaces for bus parking. There is a designated disabled car parking bay close to the viewing area that looks out over the Gorge. This bay has room for visitors in wheelchairs to disembark from he side and rear of the vehicle. There is a small cross slope in this parking bay that wheelchair users need to be aware of.
Numerous walks depart from this location including The Big Walk, The Underground River, Gorge - Catani Track, Gorge Heritage Trail. The site is also locate close by to the historic Mount Buffalo Chalet.
Mount Buffalo is a National Park and respectful visitor conduct is expected at all times. Please follow the below rules when picnicking at Mount Buffalo:
- Please ensure to take your rubbish with you, or dispose of when bins are provided.
- Dispose of soap and detergent at least 50m from waterways.
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it. Do not feed the wildlife.
- Where possible, use a portable gas or fuel stove. Light fires only in the fireplaces provided.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.