At this time of year, Mick and Jackie Parsons of Hedonistic Hiking should be leading hiking tours through the snow-capped mountains of North West Italy. Once their carbs are well and truly earned, the group would partake in a cooking class with a local Piedmont chef before relishing a lavish Italian feast…
Not to be discouraged by the current situation, Mick and Jackie have creatively devised a plan to bring the flavours of Northern Italy (but the produce of the High Country) to your very kitchen. Brought to you virtually from the stunning, architecturally designed haven ‘Riverstone Holiday House Porepunkah,’ Mick (a trained chef) will teach you how to cook a decadent saffron and mushroom risotto – clever chef tips included. Rest assured the hero ingredients – saffron from Gamila Saffron of Beechworth and mushrooms from Woodland Gourmet Mushrooms of Milawa, hail from small, family owned farms, are fresh as can be and of the highest quality.
All set with your box of goodies (including fabulous Billy Button Wines’ Arneis – for the risotto – and Barbera – for the chef), professional tutoring and vibrant stories of history, culture and travel, you’ll embark on a sensory journey that will take you across the seas to the gastronomic heart of the mother country!
- Billy Button Barbera 750ml
- Billy Button Arneis 750ml
- Pack of 250g arborio rice with fresh rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic
- Fresh Woodland Gourmet oyster mushrooms
- Gamilla Saffron ‘Five steps to Saffron Mastery’ (five sachets of saffron and four recipes)
- Leaflet on Hedonistic Hiking
What you need to supply:
- Parmesan (the good stuff!)
- Celery stick
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- Olive Oil
- Fresh parsley
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Non-stick saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Serving spoon
Important information about the event
- Tickets are $165 per household (feeds up to four people)
- Four households per session max.
- Available Thursday- Sunday at 5pm