For those as thirsty for first hand knowledge as they are for a quality drop, the Holm family of Ringer Reef Winery are ready to indulge you.
High in the cool hills of Porepunkah, this humble establishment requires all hands on deck to keep up with constant demand, still ensuring everything from growing to disgorging and bottling is done 100% on site. In keeping with these values, the family – Bruce and Annie (founders), Julie and Mark (winemakers) – are excited to personally host you from your first step in the vineyard to the last wave at the gate.
Starting in the vineyard, one of the Holm’s will lead you through the vines – the most important part of their winemaking process. As Julie says, ‘if the fruit is right, the winemaking is easy.’ From here, you’ll continue the conversation into the winery, finally arriving at cellar door for a hearty, home-cooked lunch and wine tasting.
- Guided vineyard and winery tour
- Three course lunch including guided wine tasting
- Tasting book with recipes from your lunch
Important information about this experience
- Minimum of 2, maximum of 20 people
- Cost: $120 pp, $80 for Wine Gang members
- Participants are encouraged to wear warm clothing and sturdy shoes as there will be an outdoor component and walking in the vineyard