Cross Country Skiing at Mt Buffalo
Cresta Valley facilities include portable toilets and a carpark, with additional parking available along the road.
Ranger staff do patrol the area during the day, though are not guaranteed to always be present.
Please be aware Telstra is the only mobile phone service provider on the mountain and Cresta is a known mobile phone black-spot.
- Beginners: The Horn Road is a wide and easy trail at 2.5km long. As the name suggests, this trail lads skiers to 'The Horn,' the pinnacle of Mt Buffalo.
- Beginners: The 1km long Bogong Loop meanders out across the plains to the East of the carpark.
- Beginners: Perfect for first timers, the Beginners Loop follows the old service road at Cresta Valley and is approximately 500 metres.
- Head out and explore the 4km ungroomed trail marked with orange poles. This trail takes skiers through the Giants Playground and back through the Valley of the Gods.
- For those craving some real adventure, The Mt Buffalo plateau is the perfect place to start. With a packed lunch and appropriate safety precautions an amazing day skiing in the mountains awaits.