Local's Pick at Mount Buffalo
There's nothing quite like a local's knowledge to give you the insider edge on where to go and what to do. Mount Buffalo National Park is a big place and truly does offer something for everyone but there are without a doubt a few special treats that only the locals seem to know about.
Please be aware that limited phone reception is available within the park. All visitors, especially walkers, should note that weather conditions can change rapidly in mountain and alpine areas and snowfalls can be experienced at any time of the year. Always be prepared with:
- Wind and waterproof jacket, warm clothing, woollen hat, gloves, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Sturdy footwear
- High energy food and water
- Strong and sturdy footwear and a first aid kit
- Compass and relevant topographical map
- Always let someone know before you head off on your trek, and alway carry a map.