As chilly winter winds become more persistent, hearty, flavourful food starts to gently tug on our minds and gnocchi is bound to headline. Who doesn’t love those soft potato pillows cloaked in herbaceous Italian sauces?
For those who truly love this favourite winter warmer, you know there’s gnocchi and there’s gnocchi – not all are created equal! Katrina Pizzini’s cooking school A Tavola! (at Pizzini Wines) has been guiding eager apprentices through the art of Northern Italian cooking for a decade now – with gnocchi making the most popular of classes. Join Katrina as she warmly welcomes you into her world where seasonal ingredients, classic techniques and pairing the perfect wine (sometimes whilst cooking) are paramount.
By the end of the class you’ll have served up exceptional potato gnocchi with both napoli and a burnt butter and sage sauce. Deliziosa!
- A 70 minute interactive cooking class delivered via Zoom
- An event pack that will be posted to you in advance, this includes:
- All the main ingredients to make potato gnocchi along with two sauces
- Recipe cards and some special equipment
- Two 750ml bottles of Pizzini Wines; an Arneis and a Nonna Gisella Sangiovese, these are perfect matches for the dishes you will create
What you need to supply:
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Standard kitchen cookware – bowls, chopping board, knives, spoons and a cook-top
Important information about the event
- Bookings are for dinner sessions starting at 5pm.
- A minimum of 4 people must purchase tickets to confirm the event.
- Tickets are $165.