Try your hand at the age old art of wine blending in this interactive workshop held by Delatite Winery’s David Ritchie and Andy Browning.
Taste your way through a range of Delatite Winery’s finest drops from the leafy aromatics and blueberry characters of the 2019 Cabernet, to the rounded, juicy 2019 Merlot. You’ll have opportunity aplenty to show off your wine knowledge, or let David and Andy guide you through. Discover their winemaking practices, learn about why they choose to make unfiltered wine naturally, and find out about their own wine blending process.
With David and Andy as your maestro’s, you’ll leave with the knowledge, tools (and wine!) to become a master blender at your own pace, as this experience will extend beyond your session.
Using your newfound oenological skills, you’ll be asked to create your own blend. The best one will win a $150 voucher to redeem in the Delatite Winery restaurant.
- 90 minute, interactive wine blending class delivered on Zoom
- A Wine Blending pack which includes:
- Four 750ml bottles of Delatite wine: 2019 malbec, 2019 cabernet and 2019 merlot for blending plus a 2018 Devil’s River blend
- An empty bottle to put your own blend into
- A measuring cylinder
- A wine pourer
- A tasting mat
- A customisable label to put on your bottle
Please allow 7 days for delivery of your Wine Blending pack
What you need to supply:
- Six wine glasses
- A funnel
- Note pad and pen
- Glass of water
- Something to pour/spit excess wine into
We also recommend some soft cheese and dry biscuits to help cleanse the palate. We recommend Milawa Goughs Bay Goat or Milawa Brie
Important information about the event
- Cost: $211 pp
- Sessions held at 5pm on Friday 17th and 24th September
- Maximum group size of 12 people
- Please allow 7 days for delivery of your Wine Blending pack